Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring break project 3- tool pedistal, grinder and vise mount

Here is the multipurpose pedestal / mount for various tools. What really prompted this project was that I'm tired of all the metal dust/ shavings all over my bench from the grinder. Now I can just wheel the messy thing outside when I need to use it. Then I figured the stand could be made modular so it could support many different tools, so far I have the grinder, a vise, and a sheet metal brake that work with it but I'm sure there will be more. The receiver hitch had some wiggle in its interface which isn't a problem with the brake but with the grinder it's highly undesirable so I added a bolt to lock it in so it is solid. I also added wheels so I can tip it back some and just roll it where ever I want it, with or with out tools attached. I still need to get it painted but I might still add some more features to it so I'm going to wait on that for now.





Sheet metal brake rotated 90 degrees to fit through the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment