Sunday, March 22, 2009

More storage boxes

I decided it was time for all the wood piling up in my shed to become part of the solution instead of part of the problem. I have deep base cabinets but if you put much in them it becomes impossible to get to the things in the back or on the bottom. So I started making boxes that let me fully utilize the space, I built 3 sometime last year and today I made 5 more. They aren't pretty but they are functional, I made them with whatever was lying around plywood, OSB and T-111 and 2 by material ripped down to 1.5" square. The boxes are held together with 1-3/8" long narrow crown staples and Tightbond 2 wood glue.


Here's what today's tool explosion looked like.


Here they are all stacked up awaiting the holes/ handles.


1" spade bit makes the end points for the handles.


Jigsaw connects the holes to complete the handles. This is the cheapest jigsaw known to man (well besides the harbor freight stuff), I bought it many years ago before I became a tool snob. Can't wait for an excuse to get a real jigsaw (1-1/8" stroke with orbital action) but it just keeps working. Actually I'll probably just get the Makita 18 volt LXT jigsaw when the price comes down.


Here they are in their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment