Monday, March 21, 2011

Roof vent for my Metro

It's summer again and I'm tired of sweating so I'm putting a vent in the roof. I got the idea from member "Badbent" at Geometroforum.com, here's the thread showing his vent with a scoop- . I'm going to try it with out the scoop first, if needed I'll add the scoop later (the scoop pressurizes the vent even when it's opened facing the rear which directs the air down to the drivers feet which might be nice). Here are some pictures of my install, it's not finished yet but I had to get it in so I could drive the car tomorrow.









4 comments:

  1. That looks very very good, professional even.

    Let us know how it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good info!
    Roofing vents help to make your roof last longer also. Since the hot air escapes the attic area, there's less chance of snow thawing and refreezing on the shingles of the house. This causes damage and eventually leaks in the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the vent

    Love the spam comment. Does he think you're living out of your car?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a geo metro sized RV...problem is we don't get much snow here in Florida!

    ReplyDelete