Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The tools I used on the Balsa tower

Here are a few pictures of things I used to build the tower. Not pictured is the table saw I used to rip the 1/2" x 3" x 36" wood down to 1/2" x 1/2" strips, this would have been completely unnecessary if I could have found enough of the right size pieces.


A simple/ cheap plastic miter box and saw for accurate cuts , square to check assembly, and a sanding block to fine tune lengths and angles as needed. This is all stuff I had and rarely ever gets used but it all came in handy for this project (not completely true since I use the square on almost every project I do).


Plenty of clamps, I hardly ever use these things but they turned out to be perfect for this project.


I feel this is the best wood glue for any woodworking project and I don't think it's ever let me down. It's fairly cheap, easy to work with, water clean up and can be un-clamped after 30 minutes drying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment